Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » RAC Database - Waiting for smon to disable tx recovery (Oracle 9.2.0.6.0 on HP-UX)
RAC Database - Waiting for smon to disable tx recovery [message #462862] Mon, 28 June 2010 04:50 Go to next message
chetanaZ
I have an Oracle RAC database with 2 nodes on HP-UX

I am trying to shutdown the database using
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/srvctl stop database -d <DB name>

however since last 1.5 hour I am seeing following message in alert.log as well as populating in a trc file every 5 minutes
'Waiting for smon to disable tx recovery'

Before i executed a script including 'srvctl stop database -d <DB name>', I killed the sessions on both nodes using 'alter system kill session'
(unfortunately I did not use 'immediate' here) and now I assume it is performing rollback

To avoid the time delay can I execute 'shutdown abort' on both the nodes?

Though data is not important for me I think it will not be as clean as 'srvctl' command since this is RAC and it may leave some background processes running in the background

Importantly Following 2 things scare me
1) upon starting the database I may get 'shared memory realm does exists'
2) since this is HP-UX, it may disable the Service Gurad packages

Could anybody help me on this?

Thanks and Regards,
Chetana
Re: RAC Database - Waiting for smon to disable tx recovery [message #462867 is a reply to message #462862] Mon, 28 June 2010 05:38 Go to previous message
chetanaZ
Hi,

As of now I have stopped the database instances using 'shutdown abort' and it looks it has brought down databases services

Hope after I finish all the other work on the server and start the database back, it works

Thanks and Regards,
Chetana
Previous Topic: CRS query
Next Topic: How to switch to another NIC adapter in RAC automatically?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:20:57 CDT 2024