Home » Other » Client Tools » Date format and calendar type are not changing in oracle form
Date format and calendar type are not changing in oracle form [message #529243] Sun, 30 October 2011 04:02 Go to next message
zabltn
[EDITED by LF]
Please, do not move this topic back to Forms forum. This is what he had tried so far, but didn't manage to solve the problem. Therefore, I suggested to ask for help in Server Administration forum. Hopefully, someone will be able to assist.

Hi to all,

i have changed date's format and the calendar type in sqlplus
through the following command so the date's format and the calender type both changed successfully and work, but in oracle form the they haven't changed. your help will be my pleasure.

alter session set nls_calendar='persian';

ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT='YYYY/MM/DD';

ALTER SYSTEM SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT='YYYY/MM/DD' SCOPE=SPFILE;

Note: i know session would change the format temporally but i want to change it permanently so i tried alter_system but still no result

[Updated on: Sun, 30 October 2011 14:35] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Date format and calendar type are not changing in oracle form [message #529284 is a reply to message #529243] Sun, 30 October 2011 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Forms?
Client/Server Forms?
WebForms?
If problem is with "Forms", then why should fix involve the DB?

How can we reproduce what you report?

It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/311
Re: Date format and calendar type are not changing in oracle form [message #529286 is a reply to message #529284] Sun, 30 October 2011 15:24 Go to previous message
zabltn
Yes, client/server form.
The point is that why the changes in sqlplus are not effecting on oracle form, as i changed some settings in sqlplus then it works just for the sqlplus but it is not working in form, i mean if we change the date format in sqlplus then it should be change in forms also, but here it doesnot effect.
Previous Topic: sql pls (merged 2)
Next Topic: db link creation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:26:35 CDT 2024